The Nomination period for 2015 will run from January 2-15, 2015.
Awards and Nominations Overview
The Alumni Association annually bestows awards on deserving alumni and friends of Salus University.
- Optometry related awards will be presented at the Alumni and Friends Celebration, taking place on Saturday, May 2, 2015 during Alumni Weekend in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Audiology related awards will be presented at the annual Open House at AudiologyNOW! in San Antonio, Texas this March. An encore award presentation will take place at the Alumni Celebration on Saturday, May 2, 2015 during Alumni Weekend in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Guidelines for Nominations
- Academic degrees earned (include granting institutions and date)
- Other positions held and relevant experience
- Ways in which nominee has distinguished his/herself in chosen field
- Ways in which nominee has supported his/her college and/or the University
- Ways in which nominee has represented the college and/or University via his/her achievements
- Ways in which nominee's PCO/Salus University education/degree has helped him/her in chosen career
- Examples of nominee’s civic involvement and/or displays of personal and professional integrity
- Honors attained
- Provide any other information which supports why the nominee is deserving of the indicated Award, and why such an award is appropriate. If relevant, please describe how the nominee has overcome an unusual adversity.
Please complete the nomination form(s) providing as much of the requested information as possible.
Albert Fitch Memorial Alumnus of the Year
This award is presented to an alumnus of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry who has distinguished himself/herself through extraordinary service and contributions to the profession of optometry, bringing honor and prestige to the College.
Audiology Alumnus of the Year Award
This award is presented to an alumnus of the Salus University George S. Osborne College of Audiology (OCA) or the PCO School of Audiology who has distinguished himself/herself through extraordinary service and contributions to the profession of Audiology, bringing honor and prestige to Salus University and OCA.
Distinguished Service Award
This award is presented to a non-alumnus who is closely identified with Salus University and who has provided notable service to the University and their profession.
Public Service Award
This award is presented to a person (or organization), preferably of national standing, who (which) has made a recent significant contribution to Salus University or to their profession.
Special Recognition Award
This award is presented as special recognition of an individual's or organization's contribution to Salus University, their profession or their community.
* IMPORTANT: You must have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view and print the document. If you do not have the reader installed on your computer download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.