Philadelphia and Area Attractions
Located only minutes from the center of Philadelphia, the historical heart of the country, Salus University is also situated near other beautiful areas - all within a two-hour drive. The Pocono Mountains offer year round recreation, ranging from hiking, camping and white water rafting to skiing and snowmobiling. The sandy beaches of New Jersey offer access to the Atlantic Ocean for swimming, fishing and boating. Lancaster, Chester and Bucks Counties in Pennsylvania offer beautiful scenery and for those in need of more urban settings, New York City is less than 100 miles away.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
The Fairmount Water Works, built in the 19th century, once pumped four million gallons of water daily from the Schuylkill River to a reservoir. Behind this Historic Engineering Landmark can be seen the majestic Philadelphia Museum of Art. Photo by Edward Savaria, Jr
- Phillies ballpark is a complete sports-entertainment experience
Phillies ballpark is a complete sports-entertainment experience.
- Local high school Episcopal Academy prepares to launch their boat from Boathouse Row, one of Philadelphia's famous attractions.
Local high school Episcopal Academy prepares to launch their boat from Boathouse Row, one of Philadelphia's famous attractions. Photo by Anthony Sinagoga for PCVB
- Independence Hall
Independence Hall is the centerpiece of Independence National Historical Park, America’s most historic square mile, it is where the Declaration of Independence was first adopted and the United States Constitution was written and signed. Photo by Paul Bencivengo for the PCVB
- Fairmount Park
Fairmount Park blossoms with vibrant colors that line the walking and jogging paths. Whether you're going for a Sunday stroll or a morning run, this green space is the perfect place for quiet relaxation. Photo by Anthony Sinagoga for PCVB
- Philadelphia skyline
Overlooking the Schuylkill River, the majestic Philadelphia Museum of Art sits within Fairmount Park, one of the largest urban parks in the country, just minutes away from downtown Philadelphia (or Center City). Photo by Anthony Sinagoga for the PCVB
- The Liberty Bell
Get up close and personal with the most famous icon of American freedom at The Liberty Bell Center. Photo by Andrea Golod for PCVB
- Enjoying the outside.
Why eat indoors? Sit outside and take pleasure in the wonderful sights and smells of Table 31. Photo by Tim Hawk
- Philadelphia Skyline.
Philadelphia Skyline. Photo by Jack Ramsdale
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Photo by Jack Ramsdale
- Philadelphia Skyline at night.
Philadelphia Skyline at night. Photo by Jack Ramsdale
- Outdoor art and sculptures
Outdoor art and various sculptures are mounted throughout the city, creating both an artistic and historically significant urban atmosphere. Photo by Anthony Sinagoga for PCVB
- Alexander Stirling Calder and Swann Memorial Fountain
Alexander Stirling Calder& Swann-Memorial Fountain honors the work of Dr. Wilson Cary Swann, founder of the Philadelphia Fountain Society. Photo by Anthony Sinagoga for PCVB
Photos courtesy of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
Philadelphia offers a multitude of activities with something for everyone. Its historic sites, museums, restaurants, shopping, and interconnection of diverse neighborhoods give you a wealth of things to do and places to explore during your stay. To find out more about things to do - check out the site below.
We invite you to come to visit and experience our campus, and see our facilities for yourself. To arrange a campus visit, contact the Office of Admissions at 215.780.1300 or 800.824.6262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an up-to-date Greater Philadelphia Region event calendar call 1.888.GO.PHILA or visit the web site www.gophila.com. Other informative Philadelphia site to visit are listed below.
Next Great City: Philly, Really @ National Geographic Traveler
- Official Visitor's Site of Greater Philadelphia - www.gophila.com
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce -www.gpcc.com/
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitor’s Bureau - www.philadelphiausa.travel
- Pennsylvania's Visitors Guide - www.visitpa.com
- Pennsylvania State Site - www.state.pa.us
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) www.septa.org/service/sub_schedules.html
- Bucks County Tourism - www.bctc.org
- Lancaster County Tourism - www.padutchcountry.com
- New Jersey Shore/Beaches - www.shore-guide.com
- Pocono Mountain Area - www.pocono.org
- Gettysburg National Military Park - www.nps.gov/gett/
- Steamtown National Historic Site - www.nps.gov/stea/
- Edgar Allen Poe House - www.nps.gov/edal/
- Valley Forge Visitor and Convention Bureau -www.valleyforge.org
- Valley Forge National Park - www.nps.gov/vafo/
- Independence Historic Park - www.nps.gov/inde/exindex.htm
- Hope Lodge - http://ushistory.org/hope
- National Constitution Center - www.constitutioncenter.org
- Academy of Natural Sciences - www.acnatsci.org/
- Please Touch Museum - www.pleasetouchmuseum.org
- Franklin Institute of Science - www.fi.edu
- Brandywine River Museum - www.brandywinemuseum.org
- Philadelphia Museum of Art - www.philamuseum.org