Ruth S. Farber, PhD
- PhD, Temple University
- MSW, University of Pennsylvania
- BS, Temple University
Role at Salus:
- Faculty, Occupational Therapy Program (part time)
- Psycho-social aspects of adults with disabilities Promoting participation and well-being for women/mothers with disabilities or chronic illness like Multiple Sclerosis.
Selected Representative Publications:
- Farber, R. S, Kern, M. L & Brusilovsky, E. (in press). Integrating the ICF with Positive Psychology: Factors Predicting Role Participation for Mothers with Multiple Sclerosis. Rehabilitation Psychology (referred).
- Farber, R (2013). Distance Education and Teaching Online: My Journey from Mystery to Mastery. Occupational Therapy In Health Care, 27(3), pp. 272–279 (invited)
- Tyszka, A.C. & Farber, R.S. (2010). Exploration of Health-Promoting Behaviors, Role Participation, and Health-related Quality of Life of Women with Multiple Sclerosis American Journal Of Occupational Therapy (referred).
- Farber, R. S. & Koenig, K. P. (2008). Facilitating clinical reasoning in fieldwork: The relational context of the supervisor and student. In B. A. Schell & J.W. Schell (Eds) Clinical Reasoning in Occupational Therapy. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, MD (invited and reviewed).
- Tyszka, A. C. & Farber, R. S. (2006) Study Examines the effects of health promotion in women with MS. MS Connection, Fall 2006, p. 25.
- DeRosier, R. & Farber, R. S. (2005). Speech Recognition Software as an Assistive Device: A Pilot Study of User's Satisfaction and Psychosocial Impact WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation (2) 125-134 (referred).
- Farber, R. S. (2004). Experience of mothers with disabilities: Learning from their voice. In J. Olsen and S. Esdaile (Eds). Mothering occupations: Challenge, Participation and agency (pp.193-216). FA. Davis: Philadelphia (invited and reviewed)
Farber, R. S. (2000). Mothers with disabilities: In their own voice. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 54(3) 260-268 (referred).
- American Journal of Occupational Therapy: Reviewer 2012-2013
- American Journal of Occupational Therapy: Editorial Review Board 1999-2001, 2003-2006, 2007-2009 , 2010-2011.
- British Journal of Occupational Therapy: Guest editing, Spring 2011
- American Journal of Occupational Therapy: Guest editor, Special Edition on Disabilities Studies, 2004.
- Mayors Commission for People with Disabilities (2001-present)
- PA Licensed Occupational Therapist, 1998-present
- Registered/Certified Occupational Therapist 1970-present.
- PA Licensed Psychologist, 1996-present
Dr. Farber was selected for the Shirley Davis Award for Excellence in Synchronous Learning, from the National University Telecommunications Network (2010). This award was based on her work entitled "National and International Models Serving People with Disabilities: Teaching Occupational Therapy Theory Using Distance Education" as a part of her teaching in the DOT Program at Temple University, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences.