Sarah D. Appel, OD
- Douglass College of Rutgers University, BA (1975),
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry, BS, OD (1979),
- Residency in Low Vision Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania College of Optometry (1981).
Role At Salus University:
- Chief of Services at the William Feinbloom Vision Rehabilitation
and Co-Director of the Special Populations Assessment and Rehabilitation Center.
- Appel, S.D., Ciner, E.B. "Vision
Problems in the Developmentally Disabled" Understanding and Managing
Vision Deficits: A Guide for Occupational Therapists. Scheiman, M.
editor, Slack Inc., 2002
- Ciner E., Appel S.D., Graboyes M., Zambone A. "Assessment and
Rehabilitation of Children with Special Needs". Optometry Clinics Pediatric
Optometry, Vol 5, #2. Appleton & Lange, 1995.
- Appel S.D., Brilliant R.L., Reich L., "Driving with Visual
Impairment: Facts and Issues". J. Vis. Rehab. Vol. 4(1), 1990.
- Appel S.D., Brilliant R.L. "Chapter 3: The Low Vision
Examination" Essentials of Low Vision Practice , Richard Brilliant (editor),
Butterworth and Heinemann, 1999
- Appel S.D., "Vision Rehabilitation of Retinitis
Pigmentosa". J. Vis. Rehab. Spring 1993
Professional Honors and
- Diplomate in Low Vision Rehabilitation (American Academy of Optometry)
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
- Low vision rehabilitation and evaluation of people with multiple impairments.