Elise B. Ciner, OD
- BS, Cornell University
- OD, the New England College of Optometry
- Residency: Suny – College of Optometry – Vision Training
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry,
- Staff Optometrist Pediatric Clinic
- Co-Director of the Special Populations Assessment and Rehabilitation Center
- Primary Course and Lab Coordinator – Pediatric Optometry
Pediatric Optometry, Vision Screening, Vision Therapy, Children with Special Needs, Traumatic Brain Injury, Concussion, Learning-related Vision Disorders
- National Institutes of Health – National Eye Institute (NIH-NEI) - Stereoacuity Development: Assessment from birth - age 5. 1991-93.
- National Institutes of Health – National Eye Institute (NIH-NEI) - Preschool Vision Screening Study Group: 1996 –97
- NIH-NEI - Genetic Studies of Myopia (subcontractee of the University of Pennsylvania) 1999 - 2004
- NIH-NEI – Principal Investigator at Salus University for Vision in Preschoolers Study: 2000 - 2007
- Manual of Procedures for the Vision Screening Program for Pennsylvania’s School-Age Population - 2002. The Division of School Health, Pennsylvania Department of Health. Advisory Task Force Member on School Vision Screening.
- NIH-NEI - Research Minority Supplement Grant to the Vision in Preschoolers Study.
- Commonwealth Universal Research Enhancement Grant – Pennsylvania State Department of Health: 2010-2014 Principal Investigator at Salus University for Study Entitled: Improving Vision
- and Preventing Visual Impairment in African Americans– Vision Rehabilitation in African
- Americans with Central Vision Impairment (VISRAC).
- NIH-NEI - Principal Investigator at Salus University and overall co-Principal Investigator for the Vision in Preschoolers – Hyperopia in Preschoolers Study: 2011-2015.
Selected Representative Publications:
- Fellow – American Academy of Optometry