Lynn D. Greenspan, OD
- Currently a PhD student at Salus University
- SUNY at Albany, BS Biology
- SUNY, College of Optometry, Doctor of Optometry
- Residency in Low Vision and Rehabilitative Optometry at Northport VAMC, Long Island, NY
Role at Salus University:
- Course instructor and Principal Lecturer:
- Optical Principals and Ophthalmic Applications (OPOA) I and II
- Course coordinator and Principal Lecturer:
- Optics of the Eye
- Lab instructor:
- Ocular Motility VOR and Eye Movement Lab
- Radiometry and Photometry lab
- Neuro-Visual Rehabilitation for Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic Director, Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital Vision Clinic, Malvern, PA
Selected Representative Publications:
- Primary Eye Care of the Patient with Diabetes Mellitus, The AOA Evidence-Based Optometry Guideline Development Group: Diane T. Adamczyk, O.D., John F. Amos, O.D., M.S, Felix Barker, II, O.D., A. Paul Chous, MA, O.D. Linda Chous, O.D. Lynn Greenspan, O.D, Lori L. Grover, O.D., PhD, Tina MacDonald, O.D., CDE, David K. Masihdas, O.D., Bennett D. McAllister, O.D., Carl Urbanski, O.D. Stephen C. Miller, O.D., Beth A. Kneib, O.D.: American Optometric Association 2013
- Greenspan LD, Acquired Dysautonomia May Explain Symptoms and Findings in Post-Concussion Syndrome. Poster presented at the 2014 Association for Vision Research in Ophthalmology (ARVO) annual meeting Orlando, FL
- Greenspan LD, Vestibular Mechanisms and Rehabilitation Principles in Ocular Skew Deviation. Poster presented at the 2013 American Academy of Optometry, annual meeting, Seattle, WA
- Greenspan LD, Can Tropicamide 1% Ophthalmic Solution Act as an Adjunct Treatment in Post-Concussion Syndrome
Poster presented at the 2013 Association for Vision Research in Ophthalmology (ARVO) annual meeting Seattle, WA
- Greenspan LD, Gupta RM, Stop the PRES: Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome and Visual Outcomes.
Poster presented at the 2012 American Academy of Optometry, annual meeting, Phoenix AZ
- Greenspan LD, Siegfried JB, Traumatic Cerebral Dyschromatopsia: Color Confusion Along a New Axis.
Poster presented at the 2012 Association for Vision Research in Ophthalmology (ARVO) annual meeting
- Greenspan LD, Traumatic Spasm of the Near Reflex.
Poster presented at the 2011 American Academy of Optometry, annual meeting, Boston MA
- Greenspan LD, Wallenberg’s Syndrome: Diagnosis and Management.
Poster presented at the 2010 American Academy of Optometry, annual meeting, San Francisco, CA
- Rein LD, Bartuccio MB, Love R. The Treatment of Spatial Neglect with Prisms
Poster presented at the 1997 American Academy of Optometry, annual meeting
- Cohen AH, Rein LD. The Effect of Head Trauma on the Visual System: The Doctor of Optometry as a Member of the Rehabilitation Team. Journal of the American Optometric Association, Volume 63, 1991
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Residency Trained in Rehabilitative Optometry and Low Vision
- IPPCR, Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research
- CITI Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative, Biomedical Research
- Professional Grant Development, Temple University, Philadelphia PA
- NIH Protection of Human Research Participants
- Injectable Therapeutic Drugs
- Controlled Substance (DEA) Registration
- The PhD topic includes the effects of acquired brain injury on the visual system and the utility of visual findings as key indicators in post-concussion syndrome. Special areas of interest involve eye movements, electrophysiology, color vision, and the near triad (accommodation, convergence, pupil function). Future plans include development of new evidence based diagnostic and therapeutic mechanisms for concussion assessment and treatment.