Danielle (Yell) Inverso, AuD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Audiology
- PhD, Gallaudet University/Johns Hopkins
- AuD, Gallaudet University
- BS, Towson University
Role At Salus University:
- Classroom Education, including Audiologic Rehabilitation, Auditory Implantable Devices, Clinical Applications of Sign Communication, Clinical Problem Solving, Pediatric Assessment, Non-Traditional Amplification, and Psychosocial Aspects of Hearing Loss
- Clinical Education at the Pennsylvania Ear Institute (PEI)
- Student Clerkship and Externship Coordination
- Faculty Advisor for Student Academy of Audiology
- Cochlear and other Auditory Implants
- Pediatric Assessment
- Pediatric Re(habilitation)
- Adult and Pediatric Vestibular Evaluation
Selected Representative Publications:
- Inverso, Y. (2009). Pediatric assessment of nonlinguistic sound perception: A look back and a look ahead to a pediatric nonlinguistic sounds test. ASHA Division 9 Perspectives on Hearing and Hearing Disorders in Children (special issue on Pediatric Cochlear Implantation), 19, 1.
- Inverso, Y., Bickley, C., & Limb, C. (2007). Cochlear implant-mediated perception of non-linguistic sounds. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121, 5(2), 3184
- Inverso, Y., Bickley, C., & Limb, C. (2006). Acoustical Analysis of nonlinguistic sounds. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 120, 5(2), 3030.
- Ackley, R.S., Tamaki, C., Oliszewski, C., Inverso. D. (2004). Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Subjects. ICS Insights.
Selected Representative Presentations:
- Inverso, Y., Niparko, J. & Carpenter, R. (2009). Cochlear Implant Education in Modern AuD Programs. Cochlear Implants in Children International Conference (CI2009). Seattle, WA
- Inverso, Y. (2009). Innovative Laboratory Instruction in Audiology Education. Gold Standards Summit. Orlando, FL.
- Inverso, Y. & Limb, C. (2008) Perception of Non-Linguistic Sounds by Postlingually Deafened CI-Users. Cochlear Implants International Conference (CI 2008). San Diego, CA
- Inverso, Y. (2009). Cochlear Implants for the Hearing Aid Audiologist: Your Questions Answered. Audiology Now! Dallas, TX.
- Inverso, Y. & Limb, C. (2008). Cochlear Implant-Mediated Perception of Non-Linguistic Sounds. Poster session at the Association for Research in Otolaryngology Mid Winter meeting. Phoenix, AZ
- Inverso, Y., Bickley, C., & Limb, C. (2006). Acoustical Analysis of Nonlinguistic Sounds. 4th Joint meeting of the Acoustical Society of America and the Acoustical Society of Japan, Honolulu, HI.
- Inverso, D., Hanks, W., LaSasso, C., Ackley, R.S. (2006). AuD/PhD University Training Model: Meeting Faculty Shortages. American Academy of Audiology, Minneapolis, MN.
- Inverso, D. (2005). Adult Hearing Loss and Disability. Panel Presentation at the 2005 Social Security Administration Policy Conference on Hearing Impairments and Disturbance of Labyrinthine-Vestibular Function.
- Inverso. D. (2005). Advanced Otosclerosis and Cochlear Implantation; A Case Study. Panel Presentation, American Academy of Audiology,
- Vice President of Education for Pennsylvania Academy of Audiology Board of Directors
- Secretary, Salus University Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Recipient, Research Travel Grant; Cochlear Implant International, Seattle, WA. 2009
- Handelsman-Hendrix Award for a record of achievement and service to Gallaudet's community, compassion, integrity, leadership and warm-heartedness; Gallaudet University
- American Speech and Hearing Association Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-A)
- Fellow of American Academy of Audiology (F-AAA)
- Licensed to practice audiology in state of Pennsylvania