Fabiana Perla, EdD, COMS, CLVR
- Ed D, Arcadia University
- MS, Vision Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Certificate in Orientation and Mobility, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Licensure in Education, University of Buenos Aires
Role At Salus University:
- College of Education and Rehabilitation
- Director, Orientation and Mobility Program
- Orientation and Mobility and Low Vision
Selected Representative Publications:
- Perla, F., Fiorentino, T., & Fiorentino, R. (2007). Reflections on
collaboration in Orientation and Mobility (O&M): A mother, her son, and
their O&M instructor share their thoughts and experiences. DVIQ, Council
for Exceptional Children.
- Perla, F. & O’Donnell, B. (2004). Encouraging problem solving in
Orientation and Mobility. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness,
- Perla, F & O’Donnell, B. (2002). Encouraging Family Involvement in
Orientation and Mobility. RE:view, 34(3),103-109.
- Perla, F.& Ducret, W.D. (1999). Guidelines for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Children with Multiple Disabilities. RE:view, 31(3), 113-120.
Professional Activities / Recognition / Awards:
- 2007 Graduate Studies Educatior of the Year Award, Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Student-teacher relationships in the inclusivive classroom: issues of teacher ownership and student membership