Joel Silbert, OD
Professor/Chief of Cornea & Specialty Contact Lens Service
- BA University of Pennsylvania
- BS Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- OD Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Role at Salus University:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Professor of Optometry
- Chief, Cornea and Specialty Contact Lens Service, The Eye Institute
- Director, Contact Lens Programs, The Eye Institute
Professional Honors and Activities:
- American Optometric Association Cornea & Contact Lens Section
2011 Achievement Award, presented at Optometry’s Meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Lester E. Janoff Memorial Award for Excellence in Contact Lens Education, Publication and Research, Presented by the Association of Optometric Contact Lens Educators (AOCLE), June 2011
- New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians 2011 Scientific Achievement Award
- Diplomate, Cornea & Contact Lens Section, American Academy of Optometry
- Executive Committee, Cornea & Contact Lens Section, AAO
- PCO Faculty Member of the Year (1999)
- Private practice: Woodbury Eye Associates, Woodbury Heights, N.J.
- Past Chair, Association of Contact Lens Educators (AOCLE)
- Chairman, Credential Committee, TEI.
Selected Representative Publications:
- Silbert,J. Anterior Segment Complications of Contact Lens Wear, 2 nd ed. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2000.
- Contact lenses, corneal disease.
- Principal investigator Collaborative Longitudinal Evaluation of Keratoconus (CLEK) research study funded by NIH