Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Full-time Non-Tenure Track Professional Faculty
- School: Radford University
- School Setting: College/University
- Communication Modality: ASL/English
- Employment Schedule : Full Time
- Benefits: Yes
- Location : Virginia-Roanoke
Note: Location is relative to the nearest major metropolitan area.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Full-time Non-Tenure Track Professional Faculty, renewable annually, contingent upon continued grant funding. This program is a well established Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH) teacher education program within the School of Teacher Education and Leadership and is the sole D/HH program serving the state of Virginia. Responsibilities: teach on-campus and distance D/HH courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, carry-out student recruitment, complete curriculum updates, participate in program accreditation, supervise field experiences, collaborate with state and local agencies, and other tasks as needed. Must be flexible, organized, resourceful, possess strong team leadership and meeting facilitation skills, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and practice professional ethics.
- Required Degree: MA/MEd (graduate degree)
- Certification: Council on the Education of the Deaf Endorsement: Not Specified
- Required: Minimum of a Master’s degree in Special Education or related field, three years’ experience teaching D/HH, knowledge of effective practices and current issues in the field, culturally responsive teaching, and understanding of school and agency environments and programs for D/HH.
Additional Info / Helpful Skills
Preferred: Doctorate in Special Education or related field and university teaching experience. Proficiency in American Sign Language and knowledge in strategies that promote listening and spoken language in students who are D/HH.
Submit a letter of interest, complete updated vita, list of references and copies of transcripts via mail or email to the address below
Dr. Sharon Gilbert
Title: Search Committee Chair
Address: PO Box 6959, Radford, VA 24142
Phone (Voice): (540)831-6425
Closing Date: Until Filled
Date Posted: 5/26/2010 7:34:32 AM